Updates & Announcements from CSDS
FALL SEMESTER NEWSLETTER
NOVEMBER 2021 • SEASON 25
As we near the end of Semester I at Center Stage, we'll soon be heading into the holiday season. Read the newsletter below for important dates, studio announcements, and more dance opportunities at CSDS this Winter!
• Thursday 11/11- Veterans Day - CSDS is open for regular classes.
• Tuesday 11/23 to Sat. 11/27 - CSDS closed, Thanksgiving Break.
• Semester II begins on Wed. 12/1
- S2 Tuition due starting December 1st. Invoices will be emailed.
• Winter Break is coming up!!!
- CSDS will be closed from Mon.Dec 20 through Sat.Jan 8, 2022.
Food Drive, Blanket, and Sock Collection
Bring your donations to CSDS Friday November 12 through December 10. Drop-off all items to waiting room lobby or Studio B hallway starting Friday Nov. 12. Items will be given to:
- The Food Drive (Melrose)
- Bread of Life (Malden)
- Common Arts (Boston)
THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF THIS COLLECTIVE EFFORT OF GENEROSITY.
WINTER PRIVATE LESSONS NOW OPEN
If your child is looking for extra help, additional technique, or wants to work on specific dance skills, sign up for a Winter Private Lesson with one of our esteemed Faculty. Private or Semi-Private Lessons may be booked in 4, 8, or 10-week sessions. Winter Privates begin the first week in December. All details on the sign-up link - PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AVAILABILITY & SIGN UP!
ENSEMBLE TEAM FAMILIES
Winter Performance Announcement:
Move 4 the Movement benefit performance
Sunday January 16, 12pm show
Collins Center Andover
Save the date & purchase your tickets now directly online! Tickets are $15.
All Team Members (Level 3-7) are invited to participate in this performance.
Select Routine & Rehearsal Schedule details to come.
All ticket proceeds benefit M4TM & the American Cancer Society.
2022 Rep Program details & signups coming Thanksgiving week!
CSDS APPAREL & BOUTIQUE SALE!
Classic CSDS tees, long-sleeves, and backpacks are on sale in the CSDS lobby during office hours. Check out our sale items from CSDS, Fadayz Designz, and Jeannie's 3 Wishes while supplies last; they make a great holiday gift!
Mugs & Accessories
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES ARE FULL:
WED. 3:30 Ballet II / WED. 4:20 JAZZ-TAP II
Ages 6-9, please see Monday & Sat. schedule, or email us for details on the waiting list.
WINTER REGISTRATION OPEN FOR SELECT CLASSES - PLEASE CONTACT US TO REGISTER!
Congratulations on Recital 2021!
Bravo & huge congratulations to our amazing cast of students, dancers, assistant teachers, faculty, and production staff! Our 24th annual recital, "Just Dance" took place in CSDS' Studio B Theater with 7 shows in 4 days. We thank and applaud you all for your beautiful performances and support!
All pre-ordered Recital DVDs are now available for pickup during CSDS business hours. Please call ahead to make a payment over the phone if you would like us to send the DVD home with your child.
Updated Studio Policies at CSDS
As we return to a new season of dance at CSDS, we are implementing many of the same health & safety measures that have been in place and have proven effective in keeping our dance community safe & healthy at Center Stage.
1. Students will no longer be checked for temperature at the door, but are still required to check-in upon arrival.
2. CSDS continues to require that masks be worn by everyone while working, dancing, or entering the studio.
3. Staff will maintain hand-washing protocol for all students when entering the classroom.
4. All students will continue to keep their belongings in personal baskets during class.
5. Faculty & Staff will maintain mindful distancing in the classroom during all classes & lessons.
6. CSDS will continue to keep strict cleaning protocols. Cleaning breaks have been reduced to 5 minutes between classes.
7. All summer dancers will complete a Covid/Health screening prior to attending their first class of the semester.
8. If a student's or family member's health status changes, a new screening form must be submitted.
9. Virtual class attendance will be offered to students who cannot attend due to illness and would like to watch/attend class from home. 10. We may reintroduce a full virtual schedule if deemed necessary & based on CDC guidelines surrounding activities.
As always, if your child is not feeling well or has displayed cold, fever, or ill symptoms within 2 days of their dance class, we ask that they stay home to observe virtually.